yahyaahmadi

yahyaahmadi

The Trouble with Physics: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science and What Comes Next
Lee Smolin
آیا تو آن گمشده ام هستی؟
هادی ابراهیمی, Barbara De Angelis
اقتصاد خرد
حمید رضا ارباب, Dominick Salvatore

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) - George R.R. Martin I enjoyed the "A game of thrones" TV shows so much that I decided to read the rest of the series, beginning with "A storm of swords". I was disappointed though, and decided to stop reading this book.
I realized it was only Tyrion's story I cared about: I didn't give a shit about Jaime's sexual fantasies about her sister, was bored of Sansa's stupidity, didn't care about Robb Stark's war, and wasn't interested in Arya and Bran's escape. I specially hated Daenerys' story because I can't sympathize with some stupid girl who wants to be the queen and is ready to kill for it, only because it's her birthright (I would easily give up such a right for a happy family life in somewhere safe). I should admit I liked Jon Snow a bit but the whole zombi thing beyond the wall was a big turn off.
Back to Tyrion, I didn't like that he chose to remain with his mad family and endanger his lover.
I think my main problem with the whole series is that I'm not intersted in political struggle. If I was fond of such matters, I could read historical books. I don't even buy newspapers and don't check news websites regularly, except for when there's some election and I care enough to vote.
Most of the characters in "a song of ice and fire" are too ambitious and endanger themselves for absurd dreams and goals.
The story's pace is painfully slow: sometimes Martin writes about how many underwear some side character wore, or describes some soldier's dressing in the middle of a stand off.
I couldn't help comparing this book with an epic fantasy that I liked, namely "the lord of the ring". In that story, Frodo Baggins was not after power, he just wanted to get rid of it, so that everyone could have some peace.