yahyaahmadi

yahyaahmadi

The Trouble with Physics: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science and What Comes Next
Lee Smolin
آیا تو آن گمشده ام هستی؟
هادی ابراهیمی, Barbara De Angelis
اقتصاد خرد
حمید رضا ارباب, Dominick Salvatore
Life of Pi - Yann Martel I was going to give this book only three stars. The first part of the story which happened in India was really interesting but it wasn't as good as the picture that was shown in [b:The Satanic Verses|12781|The Satanic Verses|Salman Rushdie|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1281988101s/12781.jpg|1434467]. The second part was a little boring and I couldn't stop myself from comparing it with [b:Island of the Blue Dolphins|233818|Island of the Blue Dolphins (Island of the Blue Dolphins, #1)|Scott O'Dell|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1320507660s/233818.jpg|3215136].
By the way, the last chapters of the book were really breathtaking and turned the story into a memorable testimony to the value of all the religions.
Being an unsure infidel-Muslim myself, I finished reading this book during my Haj journey. The existence and the nature of God have been always an alluding question for me. On one hand, I don't want to fool myself with ancient lies, but on the other hand, I fear that I would miss an important truth by insisting on my arrogant logical and moral principles.
Do I want to believe the epic and beautiful interpretation of human existence, or are we ready to accept the bitter and nihilistic worldview that science and logic provides?